Thursday, September 27, 2007

More creativity in the heartland

I wrote a few weeks ago about the difference in the environment for institutional investors outside of New York. I recently came across a great comment on this theme about a high-performing manager at Rainier in Seattle. The Barron’s profile called out that

“Working outside big financial centers like New York, Boston or San Francisco -- Rainier is based in Seattle -- helps Margard and his colleagues maintain the necessary focus."

So I went and I looked in salesforce and asked around my client services team - and I came away seeing an obvious pattern: our clients away from New York are some of the most creative we have – and make a disproportionate impact in pushing us in new directions. Whether it’s St. Louis, Chicago, Rochester or Dallas they are reaching outside of convention to mine the web for ideas.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget