Monday, July 21, 2008

One way to balance

As I've posted before - balance is a myth if you are a CEO. But I have found one way that helps and that is to involve my family in my work. We held the FirstRain CA summer picnic at my house on Sunday - and it was a lovely way for the California team to spend some relaxed time in the sun, eating great food prepared by my husband and members of the team, and generally enjoying each other's company.

I recruited my daughter as a life guard (she's a high school water polo goalie so she's as much fish as teenage human being) so the parents could have fun while she masterfully handled four little people in the pool.

Down time together is important - especially when you are working as hard as the FirstRain team is today.


No comments:

There was an error in this gadget