Thursday, September 4, 2008

Employee blogging (and politics in the workplace)

Writing a blog (almost) every day can be challenging and great fun at the same time. There are days when I have several ideas and no time to capture them all, and then other days when I have a brain cramp and can't think of anything to write.

But we are in the business of the Web, and blogs, and so I work at it. I am discovering that so do some of my employees. I learned a few weeks ago that one of our senior sales reps writes a blog - completely unrelated to his work - because he loves to write and express himself. I must admit I was delighted when I checked on his blog today and saw this post about Sarah Palin and the Republicans (it's probably not a surprise that I am a Democrat).

We have other employees who blog but are more shy about sharing - they're writing about dating et al which I understand may not fit in the workplace. But overall, I encourage everyone to blog, both to express themselves but also to learn the pros and cons of the media so we can help our customers better understand the radical changes that are happening in publishing right now.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget