Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Planes, trains and automobiles

In a 48 hour period earlier this week I took 3 flights (one across country), 1 train and 7 cars. Meeting with many companies and people -- customers and prospects. By the time I got home on Tuesday evening I was green and felt like I had been in a road trip comedy.

As luck would have it our esteemed leader - President Obama - was on the road too. Except he has precedence over me. So my plane got held on the ground in Boston as his personal jet (the rather large one) took over Philadelphia airport. And then his entourage clogged up the roads from the airport to downtown (once I did finally land). Secret service men in white shirts, crisp pants, and gun holsters drink Starbucks though - I found that out in line.

And today our fearless leader is addressing the UN, along with his buddy Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, so I think I'll forget any ideas of getting cabs around midtown NY today and just hoof it. Good things I have my flip flops in my bag!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget